Thursday 25 July 2013

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone...


As I start to write this blog post, it just turned one minute past midnight and I really should be heading off to bed. However, I realise that it has been five full months since I last posted anything on my blog, which is absolutely disgraceful. Blogging is a habit that I want to maintain but it requires a lot of commitment and effort.

I'm off to Milan tomorrow for what people used to call a 'mini-break'. It'll be my first time there. I realised the other day that so far this year, all the new places that I have travelled to begin with the letter 'M', which is quite a cool coincidence. In February, I was in Mumbai. In April, I went to an old friend's wedding in Munich. Earlier this month, I was in Mexico (Cancun) for my company's conference/party.

This blog is really a record of my life and I know that nobody else reads this but me so it is important for me to check in here every now and again. 2013 has been an exciting year so far. In addition to my trips to all those 'M' places, work is going well. My studies to become a chartered accountant is also going well (although I hope that I'm not jinxing myself by saying this two weeks before I am expecting some more exam results to be released!). The best part of the year, by far, however, is that I became an uncle. My beautiful niece is everything to me. Hmmm, I suspect I'm coming down with a case of birthday-itis! Symptoms include mild to severe reflectiveness and sentimentality! I don't care...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment